There is a lot of confusion about how to pick the right domain name. Some people say it has no impact on your search results, but it can. Especially if it’s not memorable. We’ve compiled a short list of the best tips for choosing the perfect domain name.
- Use your brand name
- Don’t use exact match domains. Partial match domains are OK but a brand name is always more effective
- Choose a .com extension
- Make it memorable so users can easily remember it
- Keep it short, 15 characters at most
- Avoid numbers, hyphens and special characters
- Avoid misspelling words on purpose. It’s a no-no for branding
- Make it easy to spell
Follow these simple tips and you will find just the perfect piece of the Internet to setup your website. Search below to see if your domain is available.